Monday, February 25, 2013

Why I'm Blogging

So...this is blogging, huh? Interesting...very interesting... We'll see how this works out. I'm still trying to figure out how this whole set-up works, so be patient with me for a little bit :)

But I'm starting an online New Testament class this week and when I was reading through the syllabus, I saw that my professor is giving us options as to the format of how we'll do the assignments for his class. Kudos to him--I like having options! :) I could talk with a friend every week on the subject...or write an essay every week...or make a blog post every week. And so, here I am :) I have no idea how much 'actual blogging' I'll get done--it very well might be all focused on Acts through Revelations. I'll either procrastinate and never post anything other than homework on this blog OR I'll procrastinate those nitty-gritty "real life" things (aka homework) by blogging a lot of excess life ramblings.

Naming things is HARD. I didn't realize this, but there are actually quite a lot of articles published on Google about how to name your blog. I don't know how well I adhered to their 'rules' of naming a blog, but they had interesting concepts. Facebook friends were a lot of help with some pretty pun-y naming suggestions (thanks guys!). Having the last name Black opens a lot of doors for some pretty creative blog names. But I wanted a name that meant something, so I started with Pinterest and looked at all of the 'inspirational' quotes I've pinned recently. Turns out, I have a lot of things with the theme of light and sunshine spread throughout. After Googling for a bit, I found a quote on sunshine that I really just fell in love with.

"Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine" Anthony J. D'Angelo

I'm not a constantly happy ball of sunshine. My family and close friends can attest to that. But you know what: I want to try.

So this is my blog. Happy reading, folks! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment