Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Online Homework, Phone Interview, and My Dishes!

While I am still taking 6 credits worth of online classes, I won't be going back to school until the end of April and going through July. After a short six week break for summer, I'll be back in school for September. For all intents and purposes, this IS my summer break. And let me tell you: I'm enjoying it!

The 6 credits I'm taking online are keeping me busy enough. I have about 2 hours of homework to do per day, and I'm working as a babysitter for one of the sweetest families I've ever met for about 10 hours a week. I'm thankful that I'm able to not completely waste time during these few months off of school, but I am liking the flexibility of being able to sleep in :)

This morning, however, no sleeping in was happening. As part of my online New Testament class, I'm required to meet every week with a group in an chat-room for a group discussion. At the beginning of the class, we signed up for what time of day would work best for us and I put morning. In my mind, "morning" was anytime after about 9:00 am so it came as a pretty rude awakening that my group requested to meet bright and early at 7 am. The meeting was good--just early--and I couldn't fall asleep afterwards.

My apartment had clean checks this morning, so I had the privilege of cleaning up the bathroom. Around noon, I had the opportunity to complete a phone interview for the next stage of the application process for the Disney College Program. I'll post more on that later--depending on if I get accepted or not. Basically, if I get accepted I'll be spending the months of August to December working in either the Disneyland (Anaheim, California) or Disneyworld (Orlando, Florida). I know of a few different people who have gotten to experience this Program---one of my roommates from my first semester of college, two girls from my church back home, and a girl I met up here at school. All have said wonderful things about it. My fingers are crossed! I did a phone interview today--which is the last step in the process before you actually are offered a role at Disney--and Nancy (the very kind lady who interviewed me) said I should be hearing back within the next 2 or 3 weeks. To say that I was successfully concentrate on homework after thinking all-things Disney for a matter of hours would be a big, fat lie. There was a lot of YouTube-ing and Google-ing and even Pinterest-ing of all things Disneyland, Disneyworld, and Disney College Program. To say I'm hopeful would be a bit of an understatement.

So maybe today wasn't the BEST day to have a lunch date with one of my friends who just got back from doing the College Program in Disneyworld because hearing how much she loved it definitely didn't dampen my desire to go. She was given the opportunity to be 1 out of 6 kids participating in the College Program to be selected to be on the team that opened the New Fantasyland. Because of that opportunity, she had some PRETTY cool stories! And by "pretty cool" I mean meeting Neil Patrick Harris, Whoopi Goldberg...and the CEOs of Disneyworld, Disney Tokyo, and Disney Paris. She definitely got me even MORE excited! So I'll try my best to remain patient for the next few weeks...but patience isn't necessarily my strong suit. I don't think I'll be too devastatingly heartbroken if I don't make it in. I have enough friends that are coming up to school next fall that it will be a good semester, Disney or no.

Anyways, after all this Disney excitement a good friend of mine was able to help me get a few more boxes out of storage. I have all my bedding now! And my dishes! I had no idea that I was so attached to my kitchen stuff until I've been living without it for a week and a half. Thankfully my new roommates have been quite gracious in letting me use their dishes, but it's so nice to have my cupboard stocked with plates and spatulas and the super cute apron my aunt made me.

I was able to finish up all of my homework before 6 pm. That was definitely an anomaly--but I'm not complaining. I was planning on going over to make brownies with a friend, but all of my energy just got completely zapped and I'm pretty confident that I can feel a pretty nasty cold coming on. I got my soft, fluffy Mickey Mouse blanket out of storage. My Mama got blankets for my sisters and I to curl up in while we watched Fantasmic at Disneyland over Thanksgiving. So for tonight, I'm gonna curl up in this Mickey Mouse blanket and eat some soup out of these newly recovered dishes of mine. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment