Sunday, December 29, 2013

Disney Challenge Days 13 and 14




Disney Challenge Day #13: Least Favorite Song

 "So This is Love" from Cinderella.

Gag me.

Favorite Romantic Moment - Cinderella and Prince Charming dancing and singing to So This Is LoveI don't know why I dislike this song so much...but I do. I really do. I love Cinderella because she's a classic and because she's a quintessential part of every little girl's childhood. But as far as quality character development and plotline...eh not so much.
She has her strengths, don't get me wrong. There are dozens of good things that I could say about Cinderella. I'm just too big of a story-loving nerd to appreciate the love story aspect. As far as being long-suffering, humble, incredibly compassionate, and forgiving: Cinderella takes the cake. But the whole 'one dance with your soulmate will make you fall head over heels in love' aspect....too much for me. 'One pair of shoes can change your life'. False. I don't buy into it.

Let the hate reign. Maybe I'm heartless and bitter. Entirely possible. But Cinderella and the song "So This Is Love" doesn't do it for me.

Disney Challenge Day #14: Favorite Kiss

Rapunzel and Flynn. Hands down.
I mean, let's recap everything that happens to these two:

She thought he betrayed her.

He breaks out of jail to go save her from her psycho pseudo-mother.
He free-climbs up the side of a castle for her.

He gets stabbed for her.

She volunteers to stay with her perpetually-youth-stealing-psycho-pseudo-mother if she's allowed to just save his life so he doesn't bleed out all over her tower floor.

He sacrifices himself, choosing to bleed out, and takes one final opportunity to cut Rapunzel's hair so she can be free from her psycho pseudo-mother.
She cries magical tears (I like to call them 'Phoenix tears' wootwoot Harry Potter reference) over what she believes is his dead body.

My ultimate favorite moment is the way that he gives her that full-body totally-heart-warming hug. He just hugs the crap out of her. The kiss that comes afterwards is almost anti-climatic after that freaking hug. Tell me I'm wrong. That hug is perfection.  Cue the melting-hearts and all the 'Awwwws' from everyone in the audience (men included). The way that he grabs her and hold her like that...it's absolutely precious. I absolutely love it. End of story.

And I absolutely love the fact that she's the one that initiates the kiss. She's finally taking initiative and control of her life. Good for you Rapunzel. Take him and just kiss the heck out of him! Not to mention, it doesn't hurt that Flynn is just such a gentleman. After his 'smolder' earlier, we get the sense that he's a ruffian that doesn't do too bad with the ladies. It would be so easy for him to take advantage of Rapunzel's naive innocence, but he doesn't. Even after she saves his freaking life, all he goes for is a hug. The kiss was more than he anticipated, but he doesn't complain.

Flynn Ryder: a seemingly bad boy who is such a freaking gentleman when it all comes down to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment