Monday, December 30, 2013

Disney Challenges Days 15 and 16


The Lion King



Disney Challenge Day #15: First Disney Movie I Saw

I had a sneaking suspicion that I knew the answer to this one, but I did my research and verified it with my mother.

The first Disney movie I ever saw was "The Lion King". Coincidentally, it remains to this day my very favorite Disney movie ever.

Now I don't remember going to see this movie, but I've heard many stories from my grandparents and multiple aunts/uncles whom I would request to sit and watch this movie with. As the oldest grandchild on my dad's side of the family, I pretty much had everyone wrapped around my finger so an adorable 2-year-old Sydney was nigh unto impossible to resist. I watched this movie hundreds and hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of time.
Nala and Simba from The Lion King. Girl Power!! Go Nala! FROM: http://25.media.tumblr.com/54245b368b4f3c51d062f47cea8e64cb/tumblr_mpn72issvD1rz364co1_500.pngTimon and Pumbaa were my favorites. Although, being only 2 years old I couldn't quite pronounce the 'Ti' in 'Ti-mon' so his name was simply 'Mon'.

My favorite part was when Simba and Nala were wrestling outside of the elephant graveyard. Nala pins him down and triumphantly announces, "Pinned ya!"
 Simba, being the prideful male, tries to pounce on her again and Nala beats him once again.
"Pinned ya again!"
I have gazillions of stories from my dear ol' Uncle Dave telling me that I'd 'pin' him down and gleefully announce in my adorable toddler voice "Pinned ya again" in my best Nala-impression.

Peter PanDisney Challenge Day #16: Favorite Classic Disney Movie

I definitely have to go with "Peter Pan" on this one.
What girl doesn't want to be Wendy? She's so proper and fun and tells great stories. Plus: she gets how hard it is to be at that awkward preteen stage. Growing up is hard. And Wendy totally gets it.

Captain Hook is fun. The pirates are silly. The Indians...definitely not politically correct, but they're lots of fun too. Everyone wanted to go party it up with the Lost Boys.

It's just...classic.


No comments:

Post a Comment