Thursday, January 2, 2014

Disney Challenge Days 21 and 22








Disney Cars movie poster

Disney Challenge Day #21: Most Overrated Movie

Out of all of the beloved Pixar movies, I'm still a little perplexed as to why Cars has the biggest fanbase and why they chose that movie to make a whole land out of at California Adventure.
It's cute. Very endearing. Mater is incredibly lovable. Don't get me wrong.

But people go cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs over this one and I think it's kind of overrated. The fact that Cars got a sequel before both The Incredible's and Finding Nemo seems like a real shame to me.

There's great character development in Lightning McQueen. I get it. Mater is a lot of fun. There's good moral lessons to be learned but all in all I wasn't THAT entertained to be a huge diehard fan like some people are. I just find it overrated.

Disney Challenge #22: Most Underrated Movie

Emperor's New Groove how long ago was and Im still laughing!!Why the heck have I never been able to meet Kuzco or Kronk at Disneyland?! That movie is absolutely hilarious and very well-loved but many people...but it wasn't promoted very well and has kind of faded into the background of Disney history.
There are so many incredible lines, the casting was very well-done, and for a rather strange plot (spoiled king gets turned into a llama) it turned out great.

The Emperor's New Groove!After seeing that movie in theaters, my family spoke squirrel for a week ("Squeak Squeakin' Squeak Squeakers).

Emperor's New Groove!!All of the animal transformations at the end were SO much fun as a little kid ("Uhhh I've been turned into a cow... Can I go home?" "You're excused") but you literally never see anything from this movie being distributed. No merchandise. No meet-n-greets at the parks. No big celebration as the movie is pulled out of The Disney Vault and released on Blu-Ray.

Nothing.
What the heck?!
There are so many lines that are applicable to everyday life in these troubled modern times. The movie is so good with so much witty humor that is as funny now as it was when we were kids. The more that I search for pictures on Pinterest, the more that I feel that there is something wrong with the world if this movie is just so easily forgotten. It's pure brilliance.

No comments:

Post a Comment